Invest in a few key Cleaning utensils
Plenty of stores are starting to stock alternatives to Plastic & they don’t need to come with a big price tag. Shop around, you may even find them in your regular supermarkets!
Links below to some online stores for reference.
- Coconut fibre, metal or copper Scrubbing pad – ditch the plastic one!
- Wooden dish washing brush
- Wooden/natural bristle bottle cleaner
- Cotton Dish cloth
- Make you own from old towels/tea towels
- Get crafty & knit or crochet one – or buy online
- Wooden Scrubbing Brush
- Wooden Loo Brush
- Rags – chop old towels & clothing
- Old spray bottles – save those old spray bottles ready for reuse
- Natural Rubber gloves
- Dishwashing Liquid – can be purchased at your local bulk store, BYO jar/bottle to save costs
Basic Cleaning products
Baking Soda – Deodorises is abrasive & brightens
- Can be purchased from your local supermarket in Cardboard boxes (McKenzies) or in Bulk from local bulk stores
Liquid castile soap
- Dr Bronners is great & can be purchased in 3.8L containers, mine has lasted me nearly 3 years! Start with a smaller bottle if you prefer though.
- You will find at some health stores or it can be purchase online here
White Vinegar – its acidity makes it effective for dissolving oil, grease & soap scrum. Don’t leave for long periods on areas that are porous like tile grout.
- Can be purchased from some bulk stores, Manly Food co-op sells in bulk or at your local supermarket in Large Plastic bottles if you can’t find it in bulk.
Essential oils – perfect to lift the mood of any cleaning job as well as disinfecting & deodorising
- Tea Tree
- Eucalyptus oil
- Tea Tree