Xmas Coconut Snow Gems
All of these ingredients can be purchased in bulk at your local bulk store or in glass as can be the case with coconut oil. If you are lucky though your store may stock it ready for scooping into your own jar.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 2 Cups Shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- Pinch of good salt
- Chocolate coating
- 1/2 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Raw Cacao powder
- Extra coconut to top the balls
- In the food processor blend 1 cup of the shredded coconut with the oil, maple syrup, coconut cream & salt. Blend until smooth & place in a mixing bowl
- Add the remaining cup of shredded coconut & stir through.
- Shape into 14 little balls & place in the freezer for an hour. This will make it loads easier to dip in the chocolate mixture.
- CHOCOLATE COATING
- When they are firm, mix the remaining coconut oil, maple syrup & cacao until smooth. Pour into a small bowl so its sits about an inch thick; you want it to be easy to coat the balls.
- Dip each ball in with a spoon & coat thickly. Place on a plate with grease proof paper & top immediately with the coconut. The chocolate will harden fairly quickly.
- When they are all nicely coated pop them in the freezer to set.
- Eat & enjoy!
- These are best served straight from the fridge & will keep for a good week or so…..surely though you would've gobbled them all up by then!