Caramelised onion & tomato pizza with Almond meal base
Write a review
- 150g Almond meal (perfect if you've been making Almond milk)
- 65g Cornflower
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 60ml Coconut cream (or almond milk)
- Fresh chopped herbs - rosemary works a treat
- crushed garlic
- Pizza toppings
- 2 brown onions
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- cherry tomatoes
- herbs for topping
- cheese if you fancy (I've used homemade labneh after its been cooked)
- Get the onions going as they will take a good 20mins to cook.
- Slice the brown onions in into rings & sweat down in a heavy based pan.
- Add Maple syrup when they are nice & soft & cook for another 5 mins until sticky.
- Chop the other toppings loosely & set aside.
- For the base combine the Almond meal & cornflower, salt & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, milk, herbs & garlic.
- Mix wet & dry together until a nice batter forms. If its too wet add a little more Almond meal to thicken.
- Mix through the herbs & garlic.
- Spilt the mixture over 2 flat trays lined with baking paper (avoid the white paraffin stuff if you can).
- Spread it out until its about 5mm thick.
- Pop in the oven for around 10 mins on 180C or until set when you touch it.
- Take the bases out, & heres the only tricky part. You need to flip them over (give them 5 to cool first). It helps to have a plate ready to make the flipping easier to flip them on to & then pop them back on the trays.
- Spread the onions over & top with your other goodies.
- If you are using soft cheese you may like to add it after it has been cooked.
- Cook for another 20 mins.