Spelt banana bread
Easy bread to whip up & a great lunchbox treat!
Write a review
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of Spelt flour
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Nuts or seeds - walnuts & pepitas are tasty
- good pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas & eggs together.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour & baking soda, add the salt & cinnamon.
- Mix the banana mixture through the dry ingredients & add the vanilla extract & maple syrup.
- Add nuts, seeds & any other goodies like berries & mix until combined.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin & pop it in the oven for 45 mins. If you want to freeze some of the bread split the mixture into 2 smaller tins at this point.
- After 30mins of cooking pop a skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean its ready to eat!
- Cool a little & slice!
- This is s great recipe to use up those over squishy bananas that are still full of goodness. Freeze them when they are ripe & defrost when you are ready to make this up.
- Add berries or summer fruit like peaches if they are in season for a little more excitement.