Nut & Date Bliss balls
The perfect afternoon snack to full your belly with joy
Write a review
- 1 c. Puffed Buckwheat/Amaranth/Brown rice/Spelt or Quinoa (Australian grown)
- 1 c. of Almonds
- 1/2 c. Pepitas or Sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 1 c. of Medjool Dates, with seeds removed
- 1/4 c of Hemp seeds (replace with Sunflower if you don’t have)
- 3 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup – or other sweetener of choice – Maple Syrup is a goodie
- 2 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- Sesame seeds & Shredded Coconut for rolling
- Blend the puffed Buckwheat, Pepitas/Sunflower seeds & Almonds into the food processor. When they are chopped roughly set aside in another bowl. I like a bit of texture in mine but you might fancy them chopped finer.
- Pop the Dates in the processor & pulse until they are roughly chopped.
- Add the dry ingredients back in & with the processor on slow, add the Rice Malt syrup followed by the Hemp seeds until it mixed through. The mixture should be moist & form a nice ball when rolled. If the balls don’t stick add a little more of the wet ingredients, if too sticky a little more of the dry stuff…simple!
- With wet hands roll them into small balls about 25g, 2 or two bites worth.
- Lastly roll half the balls in the sesame seeds & half in the coconut, I find it quicker & less messy to roll them up first & dip later.
- Pop them on a flat plate & into the fridge for a few hours to firm up before storing them in your favourite jar.